Mon, Feb 13
Ch. 5, Democratic Regimes
- Would we have democracy without the Greeks? The Romans? The English? Explain your answers.
- Which of the competing explanations for democratization make(s) the most sense to you, and why?
- What's the best democratic system? Why? Should the U.S. have a different democratic system? Why?
- What's the best electoral system? Why? Should the U.S. have a different electoral system? Why?
- How might choosing the "right" democratic and electoral system help to build a strong(er) state?
- Institutions in Action (170-171): What explains democratization in Asia?
- Questions and Methods (176-177): What is undermining democracy?