Fri, Feb 3
Ch. 2, States
- Choose and describe 3 important aspects of today's reading. (These can be concepts, issues, arguments, etc.) Justify your choices.
- Identify 2 things about today's reading that were relatively difficult to understand. Explain how these may have hindered your learning.
- Create 1 open-ended discussion question that addresses content from today's reading and allows for personally distinctive responses.
- Cite and explain an important thing you learned from today's reading.
- Why do you consider this particular thing important? Be specific.
- Apply something you learned from today's reading to your daily life.
- What questions did today's reading raise or not fully answer for you?
- How does today's reading contribute to our understanding of comparative politics?
- How does today's reading help us make sense of what goes on in "the real world"?
- Compose a discussion question that connects today's reading to "the real world."
- How might we best address relevant issues or problems raised by today's reading?
- Visit the 2021 Legatum Prosperity Index to see Pakistan's current standing. Have things gotten better or worse for Pakistan since the textbook was written? What might explain these changes, and what steps could be taken to improve Pakistan's situation? On balance, is Pakistan's data cause for optimism or pessimism? Why?
- Visit the Fragile States Index and compare the 2022 data to the 2019 data in the textbook. What significant changes, if any, do you find? What might explain these changes, and what steps could be taken to improve things? On balance, is the data cause for optimism or pessimism? Why?