Fri, Feb 24
Ch. 8, Developed Democracies
- What's the most useful thing you learned from this chapter? Why is knowing this thing useful to you?
- If you were tasked with turning a nondemocratic country into a democracracy, how would you do it? Why?
- What are the key benefits of living in a developed democracy? Which of these do you value most? Why?
- Is integration a good or a bad thing? Why? Support your answer with (actual or hypothetical) examples.
- Is devolution a good or a bad thing? Why? Support your answer with (actual or hypothetical) examples.
- How should democratic societies best address changing societal and economic institutions? Be specific.
- Answer the box title and individual questions for the Institutions in Action or Questions & Methods box.
- Connect this chapter to Chapter 5 (Democratic Regimes) in two or three different ways. Be specific.
- Cite the most useful thing(s) you learned from this chapter and, for each, explain what makes it so.
- Locate something you find interesting on the European Union website and connect it to this chapter.
- Locate something you find interesting in Freedom in the World 2022 and connect it to this chapter.