Mon, Mar 6
Ch. 11, Globalization and the Future of Comparative Politics
- Graded Exercises for this week:
- Today's Exercise (10 points): 5-minute question response.
- Mar 8 Exercise (10 points): 5-question True-or-False quiz.
- Mar 10 Exercise (10 points): Current events link & analysis.
- Optional Exercise due Wednesday:
- Concisely respond to either Question 1 or Question 2, below.
- Responses are worth 10 points and will be collected at 1:55.
- Present one specific way in which this chapter complements what you previously thought or knew about globalization.
- Present one specific way in which this chapter contradicts what you previously thought or knew about globalization.
- Present the most important way(s) in which globalization impacts domestic politics. Explain and support your answer.
- Present the most important way(s) in which domestic politics impacts globalization. Explain and support your answer.
- How and to what extent does globalization shape the stuff of comparative politics? Offer a supporting example or two.
- Would you say that globalization makes it easier or harder to study comparative politics? Why, or how so? Be specific.
- On balance, do you think globalization is a good thing or a bad thing? Support your position with illustrative examples.