Mon, Feb 6
Policy Question: How Can Quality Be Ensured in an Open System Like Wikipedia?
- Is participation in Wikipedia sufficiently inclusive? On what areas should it focus to maintain/improve its inclusivity?
- Can Wikipedia be both open and diverse? How might this impact its quality? Offer a supportive example or two.
- What key challenges does Wikipedia face? Do you think it can meet these challenges? Explain how so or why not.
- When and how do you use Wikipedia? Did this chapter change your thinking about the site? How so, or why not?
- What important lessons does Wikipedia's experience hold for ensuring quality in other open systems? Be specific.
Visit Wikipedia. Find out how to author or edit an article, explain the process to someone who might be interested, and highlight a specific change you would make if you could.